“The art of life is the constant adjustment to our surroundings.”
In this case study we will discuss the importance of adjusting your business in order to embrace change and improve the customer experience.
Sobies Appliance Repair Inc is a full-service appliance repair company servicing the Greater Toronto Area for more than 25 years. They are specialized in servicing all major brands in the appliance segment such as GE, Whirlpool, Wolf, Bosch, Maytag, Sub-Zero, KitchenAid, Frigidair, jennAir, MagicChef, Kenmore, Amana, Miele, Dacor, Thermador, and Fisher & Paykel.
The system that was in use at the beginning of our study was 20 years old and had many limitations. This system was a standalone program installation done on a laptop. The business was managed using only paperwork. Their original workflow began by filling out work orders on paper, using paper invoices at the jobsite to give to customers, and after receiving payment information from customer entering the details into the system manually.
The challenges faced on a daily basis:
- Paperwork where important details are written down would often get lost in the shuffle of things
- Inefficient scheduling
- Improper management of parts and inventory
- Had to bring laptop to customer location to review the last job completed there
- Too many documents to print out and physical files would get left at the office
- Working all weekend to prepare invoices for accounting
Here’s where we come in-
Benefits received from eServicePro implementation on January 5th, 2020:
Sobies Appliance Service employees manages all of their operations using an iPad and iPhone.
- The front desk team creates work orders in less than a few seconds using our online dashboard. They can also assign work orders more efficiently while managing the live schedules of all their technicians in the field.
- Take pictures of completed jobs
- Collect signature from customers after job completion
- Get paid instantly while at the customer location!
- Data recorded in real time, that can be analyzed using our online dashboard.
Improved revenue and profits, scheduling is more efficient and work flow is streamlined. Field staff are completing their jobs quicker than before and navigating to customer locations using the in-app GPS. Work orders can be assigned using the job tickets map so technicians can waste less time driving around and spend more time at customer locations that are near one another. Sobies Appliance Repair now tracks inventory live with a prefilled pricelist that makes it more convenient to get quotes to customers instantly. Not only are they managing their own company’s operations using eServicepro but now they are managing their partner company’s operations as well.
Whether you’ve been using paper all along or a 20 year old software, it’s never too late to adapt your business plan to keep up with the ever-changing needs of customers. We are here to help each step of the way and can flawlessly transfer your data securely from any previous software platform.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com